8 Acne Triggers to Avoid at All Costs
- Heavy makeup – Heavy makeup can clog your pores and lead to acne breakouts.
- Picking or squeezing pimples – Picking or squeezing pimples can introduce bacteria into your pores and make your acne worse.
- Dirty phone screens – Your phone collects bacteria and oils throughout the day, so it’s important to regularly clean your phone screen to avoid transferring these to your skin.
- Poor diet – A diet high in processed foods and sugar can lead to inflammation in your body and exacerbate acne.
- Harsh scrubbing – Scrubbing your skin too hard can cause irritation and inflammation, leading to more acne.
- Using dirty makeup brushes – Dirty makeup brushes can harbor bacteria and oils, which can cause acne.
- Overwashing your face – Overwashing your face can strip your skin of its natural oils, leading to dryness and more acne.
- Stress – Stress can cause hormonal changes in your body that can lead to acne breakouts.