How to Deal with Persistent Acne: Tips for Clearer Skin
If you’ve been struggling with persistent acne, there are a few steps you can take to try to improve your skin:
- Start with a gentle cleanser: Look for a mild, non-abrasive cleanser that won’t strip your skin of its natural oils. Use it twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed.
- Try over-the-counter treatments: Look for products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, both of which can help clear up acne. Apply these treatments after cleansing.
- Keep your hands off your face: Touching your face can transfer oils and bacteria from your hands, exacerbating acne. Try to avoid touching your face as much as possible.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Eating a balanced diet, getting enough sleep, and managing stress can all help improve your skin.
- Consider seeing a dermatologist: If your acne is severe or persistent, a dermatologist can help diagnose the cause and recommend prescription treatments.
Remember, it’s important to be patient when treating acne. It may take several weeks or even months to see improvement. In the meantime, focus on taking good care of your skin and living a healthy lifestyle.